Sunday, May 26, 2013

French Onion Dip

Jason has been craving French onion dip recently- wait, isn't the pregnant spouse supposed to have the cravings? :-)  Instead of picking up my normal go-to Heluva Good dip I convinced him to let me make some for him to try.  I've made it before and he wasn't impressed, but this time I had a trick up my sleeve to hopefully please the man palate- bacon!  It worked! He has raved and raved over the dip since I made it and has asked me to make it again more than once.  It's super easy and cheaper than buying the pre-made stuff, making it a winner in my book.

French Onion Man Dip

Ingredients:
16 oz. sour cream (I prefer Daisy brand and I am not a fan of reduced/low-fat/fat free dairy products.  I'm willing to cut corners in other places to make up for it.)
1 packet Lipton French Onion dry soup mix
3-4 tablespoons of crumbled bacon (I used what we had leftover from salad toppings in the fridge.)

Directions:
Mix, grab your favorite chips, and dip away!

Note: May use a little less than the whole packet of soup depending on how onion-y you like your dip or increase/decrease the bacon depending on your preference.

Quick, tasty, and easy- the way I like everything in my kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment