Sunday, January 29, 2012

Italian Crockpot Chicken

Italian Crockpot Chicken

Ingredients:
2-4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese (let sit out to soften)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg. italian dressing seasoning (the dried kind in the packet)

Directions:
Stir the cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, and seasoning together in the crockpot. Cook for 30 min on low to let cream cheese soften and stir. Put chicken in and cover with the mix. Cook on high 4-6 hours until chicken is cooked and fall-apart tender.

Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.

What I did different: I used boneless skinless chicken thighs (got a killer deal at BJs the other day- $1.49/lb!). They are on the smaller side so I think there were 8 total in mine. One can of soup looked like it just wasn't going to cut it with that much chicken (and my crockpot is pretty big) so I added an extra can of soup. I also opted out of the rice since it's not my favorite and used egg noodles instead. I modified the recipe above to also include mashed potatoes as a serving option. Sounds good to me!

How it turned out: Jason loved it! I thought that it was a bit on the salty side, but the noodles helped to cut it some. The chicken thighs were super moist and tasted great! When I make it again I'm thinking about using 1 can of cream of chicken and 1 can of cream of mushroom just to mix it up some. I may also cut back on the Italian seasoning some too- that is where a lot of the salty flavor came from I'm sure. I served it with steamed broccoli on the side. Looking forward to having this in our regular meal rotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment